20th August 2020 | Grants
For local businesses that are located within the city of Melbourne facing the challenges during COVID-19, The Victorian Government has rolled out a $10 million support package for CBD businesses, including $8 million in grants for small business transformation, plus $2 million for mentoring and business support services.
Grant applications are now open and close 11.59 pm Thursday 3 September.
Transformation grants of up to $5000 are now available for small businesses located in the CBD, Docklands, World Trade Centre and Southbank, These grants focus on supporting ‘bricks and mortar’ businesses impacted by decreased foot-traffic, enabling them to respond to challenging new circumstances and contribute to the vibrancy of the Melbourne CBD.
Small business transformation grants are available through the City of Melbourne as part of the Victorian Government’s $534 million business support package, which includes $20 million for CBD business support.
These grants follow the City of Melbourne’s business support package, which included grants, rate relief and rent relief, announced in March 2020.
- To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN). Noting a business, as defined by its ABN, will be considered eligible for one grant only.
- have documented evidence of an appropriate legal structure, such as an Australian registered company, business cooperative or partnership.
- able to provide evidence of current public liability and professional indemnity insurance policies.
- must employ people, up to 50 FTE employees at the time of application.
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme.
Be a ‘bricks and mortar’ businesses impacted by COVID-19 and located within the City of Melbourne municipal boundary, and within the post code areas of the CBD (3000), Docklands, (3008), Southbank (3006) and World Trade Centre (3005). Businesses physically located within co-working spaces, must be able to demonstrate they are located in this space at least 50 percent of the year. You must also be able to demonstrate sustainable business practices in line with the Australian ethical charter.
For further enquires contact us at info@Ax3.com.au