26th August 2020 | Business
From 28 September, businesses will need to show the requisite actual decline for the September quarter.
Employees who started on 1 July 2020 is now eligible for Jobkeeper from 3 August, if they have not claimed from another entity.
On 21 July, the government announced proposed changes to Jobkeeper including an extension through to 28 March 2021. These changes do not impact Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.
You can enrol for job keeper Payment until the program closes if your circumstances have changed; for example, Victorian businesses closed due to restrictions. Check if you are eligible at Enrol fro Jobkeeper.
Changes from 14 August 2020 mean:
- eligible employers will receive the JobKeeper payment for each eligible employee that was employed by them as at 1 July 2020
- more employees can qualify – see eligible employees
- a payment extension to 31 August – see JobKeeper key dates
- new information is available on long-term casual employees.
- Further changes, once legislated, will take effect from 28 September 2020. For more information on those changes, visit the Treasury website and read JobKeeper extension
If you need any assistance, please contact us.