11th November 2021 | Business
Business owners can now participate in the Victorian government Start Up Awards. The awards are designed to recognise the contribution sector, which the government said had grown by more than $3 billion in the past 12 months to $10.5 billion.
Awards are available in five categories:
• Best Newcomer for firms less than three years old;
• Startup of the Year for firms less than 10 years old;
• Scaleup of the Year for firms that have had a minimum Series A in the last four years;
• Investor of the Year as nominated by the founder community; and
• Ecosystem Hero of the Year – featuring a People’s Choice and Experts’ Choice.
The awards for Best Newcomer, Startup of the Year and Scaleup of the Year categories will be selected from a shortlist of the top 30 Victorian start-ups based on criteria that includes money raised, age of firm and job creation or number of employees. This data will come from LaunchVic’s startup database findingstartups.launchvic.org.
Nominations for the Investor of the Year and Ecosystem Hero of the Year categories are being sought from the start-up community, which will then be put to a public vote.
Linda Dessau AC, Governor of Victoria, will present the awards at Government House early next year.
What is the prize?
There is no prize, the winner will receive recognition and ranked as #1 by the Government of Victoria.
When does it end?
Nominations close Midnight Sunday 28th of November 2021.
How can I apply?
You can nominate someone you believe has contributed to the ecosystem. Or you can nominate your self. NOMINATE NOW
To see our services please click here